What we live for...

What we live for...
The real Hunter Cuties

Monday, October 5, 2009

Our new little Princess


























Audelia coming Home- Audelia was able to come home from the hospital the day after she was born because she was born so early in the day. Our hospital stay was typical, nurses waking us up every time we fell asleep, someone coming in to take blood at 4:oo am, janitors coming in all day to clean and empty trash cans, and so on. Needless to say we were very anxious to get out of there and luckily the doctors were willing to let us go as long as we saw the pediatrician the next day. The food was actually great and you could order whatever you wanted from 7am-7pm which I did because I was trying to help my milk come in ASAP, plus I was starving from the labor and delivery.




The Kids- The kids were able to come and visit the day she was born which worked out great because starting the next day they were not allowing any children under 12 through the doors, sibling or not because of all the icky stuff that is going around. Alyssa and Wyatt were instantly in love and interested but Darion took a few minutes. It wasn't until Darion saw Alyssa holding Audelia that he said he wanted to hold her. Once he got her he became very protective saying "Wyatt is poking the babies eye" and "Wyatt is steeling the babies chin." Wyatt was being great, Darion was just being overly protective. Alyssa has been very helpful and is so thrilled to have a little sister.




The Nursery- It was so great to get to bring our little girl home to a nursery fit for a little Princess. We worked so hard on it and Cory was so patient with me and all my ideas. He actually repainted over the boy paint, installed wainscoting, chair railing, and new baseboards. I was able to paint a few pictures for her room since I was unwilling to pay the $100 they wanted for the cheap looking ones that go with the bedding set. I got a few canvases and the paint and supplies for less than $30 and now she will have some original artwork done by her Mommy, if you can actually call it artwork. Of course we have included the scale that my Dad gave to my Aunt Carol when she had her first baby that she gave to me when I had my first baby, and I have loved using it in all of my kids nurseries. This of course in the same Carol that we named Audelia Carol after.


We are very pleased with how the room turned out!




Grandma Shaw was here for it all- My Mom came to be at the birth and to take care of the kids and help out with everything else. Her being here allowed Cory to stay in the hospital with me and the baby. She did a great job and we loved having her around! She even held the baby on her chest late into the night one night so that I could get some rest. I'm not sure how we are going to do it now that she is gone.




Audelia- Little Audelia is like a real live doll. She is so small and sounds like a mouse when she
makes her little noises. She is already deciding what she like a dislikes.


She loves- Her Family, Being swaddled, sleeping on anyones chest, Nursing, her space heater, being warm, her pacifier, and more to come....




































































































































3 comments:

Blossom Art said...

Haley,
She is so beautiful!
Love how the nursery turned out too.
Congratulations! Beautiful family!!!
Suymey Benson

Janet said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful! I'm glad to see the nursery. I remember you "talking" about it on fb. It turned out great! We are so happy for you!

Jana said...

Congrats!!! She is sooo sooo cute!!! Hope you are all adjusting well!