What we live for...

What we live for...
The real Hunter Cuties

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Audelia Carol Hunter 9-29-09





We welcomed our little Audelia Carol Hunter weighing 6lbs 2 oz and 18 3/4 inches on Tuesday September 29, 2009 at 8:38am. Audelia is so tiny and precious it is hard to imagine that we ever didn't have her around.


The Birth-We had planned the induction months ago but somehow even after 5 births things always seem to surprise me. We went into the hospital the evening of the 28th to help with the dialating process but when they hooked me up to the monitor at around 6:30pm I was having contractions every 7 minutes on my own. I knew that I had been having contractions but didn't realize that they were consistent at all. From there they started what was supposed to be 4 doses every 3 hours of the dialation medication but after the second dose and quite a bit of pain I was dialated to a 5. At that point I got my epidural and called my Mom around 3am who was going to come in the morning after getting the kids off to school and told her to switch to plan B and that our great friend Amy was coming to take care of the kids so that my Mom could make it. At that point they stopped all medication and let me labor on my own without even having to go on the pit which I had always had to do in the past. This was the first epidural that I still had pain with which surprised me. The pain was nothing compared to the natural labor I experienced with Alyssa but it was still uncomfortable. After feeling tons of pressure for a couple of hours the nurse checked me and said "put your legs together the doctor will be here in 5 minutes." So after waiting for the doctor in pain and feeling very uncomfortable she said that she didn't think I was complete as the nurse had thought and that we could try pushing but we might have to wait. So at that point I did what I do best and pushed the baby out so fast that she had to tell me to stop so she could cut the cord off from around Audelias neck. After that it was one more push and we had our little girl. She was purple and nonresponsive for a minute from the cord being around her neck but she pinked up and started crying pretty quickly.


She was our smallest newborn weighing 2 1/2 pounds less than our biggest which was Darion. She is healthy and happy and we are so thrilled and feel so blessed to have her!


















2 comments:

Super B said...

She is so precious! Congratulations on her arrival! Love you!

Lexi said...

Congrats guys! I can't wait to meet her!